Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where The F*!@&* Have I Been?

Hi Hi my sweet friends! Sorry to be MIA for so long. Sometimes I let my work life consume me. BUT I am back (still working)!!! I should update you on life.


Work has been SO hectic these past two months. Our company is in the process of changing designs and time is of the essence since we are going into battle with another company. I have undertaken another project that involves a new packaging design and since we are a medical device company, sterility is a HUGH issue; I have 3 awesome engineers on it. I have 4 reviews to write in the next month or my bonus weens away for the days I am late. Regular production issues are on the rise and I spend 50% of my day in meetings. So that's it in a nutshell--workwise.

I completed my La Jolla Half Marathon with a personal best time of 2hr and 03min on one of the most grueling hills (400ft/mile climb). I am signing up to be in the lottery for the NYC Marathon (anybody interested to run or cheer?). I can do some awesome yoga poses now.

I am going on a cruise this weekend to Mexico (but not to Mexico, since H1N1 is a concern). We are going to Ensenada, but looping back and porting in Catalina. Since more than half the group are engineers, we devised a plan to sneek hard liquor on the boat (apparently, wine is the only alcohol you can bring).

I need to plan a trip to SF to see Ninja and AMDG, can you advice me of a weekend that I can buy a plane ticket for...puhleeease?

I need to write a story of how I met AMDG.

I need to do a lot of stuff.

MMMK--late!

4 comments:

  1. You da bomb!!!!!!!! Hello, sister! How fares the battle? Gladiator style? Greco-Roman? Mud? Or are those the cruise activities?

    What kind of booze-sneaking contraption did you and your compatriots construct and when are you putting it on the market? I care naught for sterility, just give it to me raw. Organic.

    What looks good for you for a visit??! Last weekend of June?

    It is cooooooooooooooooooooold here in The Bay Area but my heart is warm with love for and from my cohabitants. And yes, the iron remains hot. Strike at will.

    I'm a little stressed with the combination of coming off law finals (phew! By the skin of my teeth!) right into bar studying and tax finals studying--in facto, I have to go back to Denver this weekend and stay for a few days to take my finals--and then play a mean game of catch-up for the bar thereafter, but from June 21 I'll be open to it all...and then sometime shortly after the day of our independence it will be major crunch crunch crunch time until the 28, 29, and 30th of Jooly, the day of my licensing evaluation. Jesus help!

    Is this the summer or December? It's cold. I can't feel my toes. The fog from the ocean is wonderful. We miss you and talk about you a lot. You too, miss Melanie. Every night we set out 30 minutes to talk about all of us, over Honey Bunny Bunches of Oats and Nutella. And flashcards.

    Must get back to work. But my cell number is the same...and I really enjoy talking to you.

    I llllllllove you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 0730 on Friday morn, and I'm just about to wake the elusive AMDG. I am fascinated by her ability to sleep through her alarm clock, as this is the 3rd time this week I've had to wake her. Study coach to the rescue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leilani! I got your call upon my arrival in Denver. Brief explanation: I use the 949 phone for texts and the 202 phone (the old number from 2005!!! It's BACK!) for voice calls. HOWEVER, I left both chargers in Sanny Franny and did not find the spare chargers in my Denver apartment. Point: I'm conserving battery so I can call my SF chauffeur/chauffeuse on Tuesday night and will call you upon such arrival back in The Bay Area.

    Lindsay! Study on, study on. Phybroid nucleonic thytrosis: origin, effects, structure -- Go!

    MELANIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Say something, will ya?!?!??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I thought you were coming back on Wednesday?

    Please clarify.

    If your phone dies, we can always try smoke signals...

    ReplyDelete